The UC and CSU systems have announced several temporary changes that will help better support students during this difficult time. Since many students have been impacted academically and financially by recent events, the universities have made adjustments to admission requirements.
- Admitted students will not have their admissions offer rescinded if they are unable to provide official transcripts by July 1st (UC deadline) or July 15th CSU deadline). Our high school records department is still processing transcript requests, so please use this survey to request an official transcript. Admitted students should fill out the survey once the school year ends so that transcripts will have the most recent semester grades.
- Students should work with the individual financial aid offices if family financial circumstances have changed or may change in the next few months. Students may be entitled to additional financial aid. This applies to all college-bound students, not just students who have been admitted to a UC or CSU.
- UC and CSU has temporarily suspended letter grade requirements for spring 2020. Pass (P) grades will be accepted for spring 2020. This applies to admitted students and prospective applicants. However, the Pass (P) grades will not be calculated into the GPA used for admissions purposes.
- The standardized test requirement for fall 2021 freshman admission is temporarily suspended. If students have SAT or ACT test scores, then they should still submit those scores along with their application.
High school graduation requirements and college/university entrance requirements are not the same. Course selection should be based on academic, career, and personal interest. Student interests and goals should guide the path through high school.
College admission requirements will vary from school to school and it is recommended that students check admission requirements before applying to their college of choice. Students are encouraged to reach out to their Guidance Counselor if they have questions about graduation requirements or the college admission process.
|Subject Area||Graduation Requirements||Total Credits|
6 semester courses
( Must include 1 year of US History, 1 year World History, 1 semester of Government, and 1 semester of Economics)
|English||6 semester courses||30|
4 semester courses
( Algebra 1 must be completed)
4 semester courses
( Must include 1 year of Physical Science and 1 year of Life Science)
|Visual & Performing Arts||2 semester courses||10|
|Electives||18 semester courses||90|
|Total =||200 Credits|
* Please note that once a subject area graduation requirement has been fulfilled, all excess credits will be rolled over to the Electives category.
Suggested Course Sequences
|Yosemite Valley/CDE Graduation Requirements||UC/CSU A-G University Entrance Requirements|
|English (30 credits)||English (40 credits)|
|English 9A||English 9B||English 9A||English 9B|
|English 10A||English 10B||English 10A||English 10B|
|English 11A||English 11B||English 11A||English 11B|
|English 12A||English 12B|
|Mathematics (20 credits)||Mathematics (30 credits minimum)|
|Algebra 1A||Algebra 1B||Algebra 1A||Algebra 1B|
|Other Math A||Other Math B||Geometry A||Geometry B|
|Algebra 2A||Algebra 2B|
|Social Studies (30 credits)||Social Studies (30 credits)|
|World History A||World History B||World History A||World History B|
|US History A||US History B||US History A||US History B|
|Science (20 credits)||Science (20 credits)|
|Life Science A||Life Science B||Biology A with Labs||Biology B with Labs|
|Physical Science A||Physical Science B||Chemistry A with Labs||Chemistry B with Labs|
|Language other than English (LOTE) / Visual & Performing Arts (VPA) (10 credits)||Language other than English (20 credits minimum)|
|LOTE or VPA A||LOTE or VPA B||Spanish / French / Other 1A||Spanish / French / Other 1B|
|Spanish / French / Other 2A||Spanish / French / Other 2B|
|Visual & Performing Arts (VPA) (10 credits)|
|VPA Course A||VPA Course B|
|Electives (90 credits)||Electives (50 credits)|
|Elective 1 A||Elective 1 B||College Prep Elective A||College Prep Elective B|
|Elective 2 A||Elective 2 B||Elective 2 A||Elective 2 B|
|Elective 3 A||Elective 3 B||Elective 3 A||Elective 3 B|
|Elective 4 A||Elective 4 B||Elective 4 A||Elective 4 B|
|Elective 5 A||Elective 5 B||Elective 5 A||Elective 5 B|
|Elective 6 A||Elective 6 B|
|Elective 7 A||Elective 7 B|
|Elective 8 A||Elective 8 B|
|Elective 9 A||Elective 9 B|