- Enrollment has reached capacity for the 2023-2024 school year. Spots typically open up close to the start of each new school year. If you have a student you are hoping to enroll, please complete an Enrollment Application to be added to the waitlist. An Enrollment Specialist will reach out as soon as spots become available.
- Central Valley Charter Schools is composed of Yosemite Valley Charter School and its sister school, Monarch River Academy.
- Our school is a tuition-free public, independent study charter school.
- As a public school, we welcome students of all ability levels and demographics.
- Our school is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC).
- Our high school program is certified to meet A-G Requirements.
- We are committed to providing students with a quality, personalized, standards-based education to meet their college and career goals.
Learn More About Our School
More About our Academic Program
- A special offering of our school is an individualized education. Personalized goals incorporate the dreams and passions of each student.
- Parents/guardians collaborate with the teacher to make high-quality, standards-aligned curriculum choices, forming a plan for daily learning. Parents/guardians guide and assist students in following this plan each school day.
- Parents/guardians, students, and teachers utilize educational planning funds based on each student’s individual learning goals.
- We offer virtual live instruction and daily engagement opportunities which vary by grade level. We also provide options for online coursework, offline textbook work, and unique hands-on and experiential learning experiences.
- Assessments are part of each student's Learning Plan to help guide the educational journey of learning.
- Families meet regularly with their teacher to review work completion, progress, and to review assessment results. The review of a student's body of work correlates to attendance logs collected each Learning Period.
- Our students follow a path towards their individualized dreams.
- Our parents/guardians play an integral role in the daily learning process.
- Our credentialed teachers provide expertise in curriculum, lesson planning, and analysis of assessments, contributing feedback, support, and encouragement to students and parents alike. Teachers assist in setting goals and schedule regular check-ins about progress.
- Our school is a place to learn, grow, and build community and connections outside of a traditional classroom setting.
Admissions Process at a Glance
- If you did not apply during Open Enrollment, please fill out our application linked here.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation email upon submission of the Enrollment Application. If you cannot find the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folders.
- We will determine if a random drawing will be required to offer enrollment to all who enroll during our Open Enrollment by March 28, 2023.
- If you have any questions or need support, you can reach out to our Enrollment Team at (559) 512-7103.
- If the number of applications we receive during the Open Enrollment Period exceeds the number of spaces available, we will hold a lottery. In-person attendance is not required to participate in the lottery.
- Date: March 29, 2023
- If space is available, the Enrollment Team will email you an official enrollment offer. Please look for detailed instructions from your Enrollment Specialist after 8 p.m. on March 30, 2023.
- If you did not apply during Open Enrollment, please fill out our application linked here.
The Enrollment Team will email you a link to Reg-Online, the online registration portal where families will upload the required enrollment documents and digitally sign the required enrollment forms.
The following documents will be required to complete the enrollment registration:
- Immunization Record, for record keeping purposes: Vaccinations are NOT a requirement for enrollment in a non-classroom based charter. All students must provide a copy of immunization records or fill out the immunization card as it applies. Click HERE for more information.
- Proof of Residence: This can be a utility service statement, homeowner or renter insurance bill, paystub, or correspondence from a government agency (Examples: CalWORKS, Social Security, and Medi-Cal). Proof of Residence must be dated within 90 days of the submission date.
- Oral Health Assessment for grades TK-1st: Click HERE for more information.
- Report of Health Examination or Waiver for grades TK-1st: Click HERE for more information.
- Transcript for grades 10th-12th Grades: Click HERE for more information
If you did not apply during Open Enrollment, please fill out our application linked here.
Student Grade Level Placement Chart
- Enrollment applications submitted after March 15, 2023 or after enrollment has reached capacity will be placed on waiting list and applicants will be offered enrollment when a spot becomes available. Historically, waitlisted applicants wait up to 3 days before they are offered admission.
- If you did not apply during Open Enrollment or if the school has reached its enrollment capacity, please fill out our application linked here.
When will an teacher contact us?
Your assigned Independent Study Teacher (IST) will be off for Summer Break and will return for the 2023-2024 school year the week of August 7th to greet and assist you with ordering needs. If you need immediate assistance, our Enrollment Team would be happy to answer any questions that you may have until your IST returns. Our Enrollment Team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (559) 512-7103.
Where can I find information regarding Planning Amounts?
Planning Amounts for the 2023-2024 school year are being finalized.
Why can’t I enroll my young child/ Do you have a preschool?
Yosemite Valley Charter School does not offer preschool programs at this time. does not offer preschool programs at this time. The youngest grade level the school offers is Transitional Kindergarten which would require a student to turn 5 by April 2, 2024 for the 2023-2024 school year. Admittance into our Kindergarten program requires a student to turn 5 by September 1, 2023 for the 2023-2024 school year. The Grade Level Placement chart can be located on our school websites under the Enrollment tab.
I missed the deadline for open enrollment. Can I still sign up?
Yes! If our open enrollment period has ended, the school will continue to offer spots to incoming families until all available Independent Study Teacher (IST) roster spaces have been filled. At that time enrollment will close for the 2023-2024 school year. Second semester enrollment information has yet to be determined.
Are vaccinations required?
Being vaccinated or fully vaccinated is not a requirement to enroll into an independent study school. However, because we are a public school, we are still required to collect vaccination records for all students per the California Department of Education. For families who do not immunize, please reach out to your Enrollment Specialist who can provide you with alternate documents to be completed.
How are Independent Study Teachers (IST) assigned? Can we choose our IST? What if I do not like the IST I am assigned to?
How do Planning Amounts work? What items are Planning Amounts allowed to be used on?
Who can I speak to regarding my SPED student, information about an Individualized Education Program (IEP), and how SPED services are provided?
Who can I speak to regarding my student’s 504 plan and how 504 services are provided?
How can I find out what information I am missing on the enrollment application?
I submitted an Open Enrollment form for both Monarch River Academy and for Yosemite Valley Charter School. How do the schools differ? Which school is best?
Who can I speak to regarding my questions about curriculum?
Can I enroll my student into a higher grade level?
Am I able to retain (hold back) my student when enrolling into the school?
Who can we contact regarding new legislation that affects independent study charter schools?
Do we need to provide our own laptop/tablet, or will the school provide them?
Can my student(s) attend this school and another public or private school?
How will my high school student's course schedule be set up? What support will my student receive in order to pick their classes?
Your Independent Study Teacher (IST) and High School Coordinator will use the Transcript provided during registration to work with you to determine a high school graduation plan for your student. Your student will be assigned a High School Counselor who will overlook current official transcripts to ensure your student is enrolled and assigned to the correct classes that correspond with graduation requirements.
We currently do not have internet access at home. Can my students still attend?
Can I register my student at any time throughout the year?
Families will be able to continue enrollment and registration until Independent Study Teacher (IST) rosters are filled at which time all new students will be added to our waitlist and enrolled based on availability throughout the year. The most up to date information will be made available on the school’s enrollment webpage.
How do I withdraw my student?
If you would like to withdraw your student during Summer Break before school starts please contact our Enrollment Team at email@example.com or by phone at (559) 512-7103. If you would like to withdraw after the school year has begun, please reach out to your Independent Study Teacher (IST) who will handle all withdrawal inquiries.
What if I have custody issues?
For custody questions, please reach out to our Enrollment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (559) 512-7103.