SpEd Enrollment Video
Important Information About Yosemite Valley Charter School
- Our model is a non-classroom-based public charter school.
- As a public school, we welcome students of all ability levels and demographics.
- We are committed to supporting student progress with a quality, personalized, standards-based education to meet college and career learning goals.
- A special offering of our school is an individualized education. Personalized goals incorporate the dreams and passions of each student.
- Assessments are required because they help guide the educational journey to make students' dreams come true.
- Families meet regularly with their teacher to review work completion, progress, and to review assessment results.
- Parents collaborate with the teacher to make high-quality, standards-aligned curriculum choices, forming a plan for daily learning. Parents guide and assist students in following this plan each day.
- Parents, students, and teachers utilize educational planning funds based on each student’s individual learning goals.
- We do not offer live, in-person classes. Instead, we provide options for online coursework, offline textbook work, and unique hands-on and experiential learning experiences.
- Our students follow a path towards their individualized dreams.
- Our parents play an integral role in the daily learning process.
- Our credentialed teachers provide expertise in curriculum, lesson planning, and analysis of assessments, contributing feedback, support, and encouragement to students and parents alike. Teachers assist in setting goals and schedule regular check-ins about progress.
- Our school is a place to learn, grow, and build community and connections outside of a traditional classroom.
Steps for 2021-2022 Enrollment
March 15, 2021 at 8 a.m.
The Open Enrollment period has ended.
April 2, 2021 at 8 p.m.
Open Enrollment Closes
Once the Open Enrollment period ends, we will confirm if space is available for your student(s).*
If space is available, the Enrollment Team will email you a link to complete the Registration process. Please look for detailed instructions from your Enrollment Specialist after 8 p.m. on April 2.
More Schooling Options
Our sister school Monarch River Academy serves the following counties:
Tulare, Fresno, Kings, and Kern.
April 3, 2021 - TBD
New enrollment applications submitted after 8 p.m. April 2 will be placed on the 2020-2021 waitlist.
Although the Open Enrollment period has ended, more enrollment spots are currently available.
How do I know my enrollment form was successfully submitted?
You will receive an automatic confirmation email with a copy of your enrollment form answers. If you cannot find the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folders.
What is your Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Policy?
Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year Kindergarten program. Students must be 5-years-old between September 2, 2021 and December 2, 2021 to qualify for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year.
What is your Kindergarten Policy?
Students entering Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year must be 5-years-old on or before September 1, 2021.
Ed Code § 47605(e)(4) Charter School Notice & Form
Click here to download a copy.