Skip to main content
Yosemite Valley Charter School

Yosemite Valley Charter School

Admissions Overview

Learn More About Our School

More About our Academic Program

Admissions Process at a Glance

Step 1:

    • Open Enrollment was from March 1st to March 25th, however, we will continue to offer enrollment to qualifying families until September 15th.
    • Click here for the Open Enrollment Form.
    • You will receive an automatic confirmation email with a copy of your enrollment form answers. If you cannot find the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folders.
    • If you have any questions or need support, you can reach out to our Enrollment Team at (909) 830-1200 Option 6.

Step 2:
Enrollment Offer

Step 3:

    • A registration schedule will be sent to families upon confirmation.
    • The Enrollment Team will email you a link to Reg-Online, the online registration portal where families will upload the required enrollment documents and digitally sign the required enrollment forms.
    • Families will have a 5 day registration period. Incomplete applications will be added to the waitlist for consideration at a later date.
    • The following documents will be required to complete the enrollment registration.
      • Age verification document. This can be a birth certificate, passport, or government issued identification.
      • Immunization Record, for record keeping purposes. Vaccinations are NOT a requirement for enrollment in a non-classroom based charter. All students must provide a copy of immunization records or fill out the immunization card as it applies.
      • Proof of Residence. This can be a utility service statement, homeowner or renter insurance bill, paystub, or correspondence from a government agency (Examples: CalWORKS, Social Security, and Medi-Cal). Proof of Residence must be dated within 90 days of the submission date.
      • Oral Health Assessment for grades TK-1st
      • Report of Health Examination or Waiver for grades TK-1st
      • Transcript for grades 10th-12th

Student Grade Level Placement Chart


Enrollment FAQ

When will an teacher contact us?

Your assigned teacher will be off for summer break and will return in August to greet and assist you with ordering needs.

Where can I find information regarding the funding?

Funding amounts can be found here.

Why can’t I enroll my young child/ Do you have a preschool?

Unfortunately, both schools do not currently have a preschool program. The youngest grade level we offer is Transitional Kindergarten. Students must turn 5 by February 2nd of the school year you wish to enroll.

I missed the deadline for open enrollment. Can I still sign up?

Yes! Interested families can submit a waitlist form for their students. Once students who submitted an open enrollment form are offered spots, we will begin to offer waitlisted families spots on a first come, first served basis.

Are vaccinations required?

Being vaccinated or fully vaccinated is not a requirement to enroll into an independent study school. However, because we are a public school, we are still required to collect vaccination records for those who do have a record.

How are teachers assigned? Can we choose our teacher? What if I do not like the teacher I am assigned to?

Teachers are assigned based on the location of the enrolling students. We try to place families with the closest available teacher. Families are free to request a specific teacher as well. Families can also request a teacher with specifications ( bilingual, has worked with students with disabilities, has knowledge of a learning/ teaching style). Although we try our best to accommodate a family’s request, it is not always possible. If you have already been assigned an HST and are not happy with your assignment, you may contact a Regional Coordinator (RC) to request a change.

How does the funding work? What costs are the funds allowed to cover?

The funds families receive are public funds. These funds can be used to cover the costs of curriculum, approved vendor classes and school related items. Technology costs for the student(s) can be covered as well.

Who can I speak to regarding my SPED student/ getting an IEP/ how SPED services are provided?

SPED services are provided virtually. To better understand this delivery of services method, please contact Yolanda Vasquez, our SPED Assistant Director should you have any questions.

Who can I speak to regarding my student’s 504 plan/ how are services provided?

Your assigned teacher will help you with your student's 504 accommodation plan. They will also assist you with establishing a plan if one is needed.

How can I find out what information I am missing on the enrollment application?

The fastest way to find out what information is missing is to go onto the application portal. Our Enrollment Specialists will also be emailing families with a list of missing items. Families may also call the enrollment department to speak with an Enrollment Specialist regarding their application.

I submitted an Open Enrollment form for both Monarch River Academy and for Yosemite Valley Charter School. How do the schools differ? Which school is best?

Both schools are independent study public charter schools. Three main differences are: the counties each school covers, the approved vendors for the schools and the teachers that work for the schools.

Who can I speak to regarding my questions about curriculum?

Your teacher will help you with this. There will be time at the start of school to order a specialized curriculum or you may choose to work with the curriculum our school provides. We also have a lending library where curriculum can be found and you will learn more about this from your teacher.

Can I enroll my student into a higher grade level?

Grade level is determined 2 ways. The state enrollment record is verified and the student enrolled in the next level or we will refer to our Grade Level Placement Chart according to birthdate. We can not advance or retain a student upon enrollment.

Am I able to retain (hold back) my student when enrolling into the school?

Students can only be retained if their prior school has recommended it. If you feel that your student will not be able to handle the upcoming school year, you can always bring up your concerns to your teacher.

Who can we contact regarding new legislation that affects independent study charter schools?

If you have any questions regarding new legislation and how it will affect your student(s), please contact either Dr. Laurie Goodman or Steph Johnson.

Do we need to provide our own laptop/tablet, or will the school provide them?

The school can provide a laptop or tablet device for your student. Orders for technology can be placed once you have access to your EOS (Enrichment Ordering System) account.

Can my student(s) attend this school and another public or private school?

Students are not allowed to be dual enrolled into two schools; whether it is another public school or a private school. High school students, however, may sign up to take classes at their local community college. Families may discuss this path with their teacher or the counselor.

How will my high school student schedule be set up? What support will my student receive in order to pick their classes?

Your teacher will use the Transcript provided during registration to work with you to determine a high school graduation plan for your student.

We currently do not have internet access at home. Can my students still attend?

Yes! Families can be provided with internet access once enrolled. If you are a family with limited internet access, please give us a call so that we may assist you during the enrollment process.